Cavigliano, Terre di Pedemonte, Ticino, 2007. Historical building enhancement:
The project for a historical-architectural route through the Centovalli, desired and supported by the Regional Museum of Intragna, also included the recovery and enhancement of the ancient Cavigliano wine press.
The date of its construction is not recorded in any document, but we rely on the date engraved on the middle part of the beam: 1609.
The project introduced punctual furnishing elements that clearly marked the change of use of the building: an illuminated glass bar counter, the closure of the pit with a walk-in glass and its illumination from the inside to facilitate the understanding of the mechanical operation, the targeted lighting of the space.
The relief showed traces of an arched opening on the south façade; assuming that the opening had served to introduce the press into the building, we restored this opening, putting the press ‘in the window’. This was completed by the external arrangement of the small square, which enhanced both the public space and the historic building.